Monday, January 19, 2009

happy birthday to me

thank you friends for your birthday wishes... all of you made me feel loved and not forgotten =)

i think i've reached an age where... you just want to keep your age a secret... and seeing friends around you getting married... having children... just makes me feel... like i'm out of track... i've veered off the main path... into some unknown territory...

i suddenly recall that when i was in my teens.. i used to think 26/27 is a good age to marry.. settle down and have children... and its heartening to see my friends moving on track... i'm happy for them.. but at the same time.. i'm thinking about my own... wondering why is my path more treacherous... more painful... more confusing... more ups & downs.. more windy roads... but i'm slowly learning... learning to be patient... learning more about life... learning to trust God... =)

no more fancy parties for my birthday.. just small dinners and catching up with friends..

dinner with gao, lam & cheryl @ some korean restaurant at esplanade bay

food!


with cheryl...


sigh...


lam's big head covering half my face...


this is better...


dinner with char, EJ & xuan @ the white rabbit

very interesting restaurant...


dinner peeps!


me with my prawn bisque.. yum...


xuan & i


my bday pressie! very pretty beer glass...


followed by drinks @ the red dot!



flinders trio...


the girls! (where's ej?)


my tower of beer! yummmmmm


last but not the least... gold class movie session complimentary of ah law =)

icube... the dock for my itouch now... lurrve it!


thank you!

1 comment:

Mike said...

Happy Birthday once again Liyan!

We are happy for friends, around our age, getting married. But it sucks when we think about where we are, compared to them right?

Sighhh...