Monday, April 05, 2010

music for my soul

bought 2 albums recently and they are constantly playing in my car stereo and my imac and my work computer :P

i really enjoy listening to the music...


one of the albums is by melody gardot. think some of you have heard this name on radio. she was heavily advertised on class95 a couple of weeks back cos she was in town for a performance. anyhow, i was so mesmerised by her one song and it was enough to get me to buy the album..

check out this song - its so soothing and relaxing... and....... ahhhhhhh



gardot has a sad but inspiring story to tell... go google about her background and you will realise what a fighter she is :)


the 2nd album i bought is by olivia ong

this album was a lil' disappointing. i've always been a fan of hers... i really enjoy listening to her chill bossanova singing style... and was especially impressed by her previous album, fall in love with olivia... it had a good mix of chillax songs and some soft rock tunes. so i was really looking forward to more of her songs.

this album however was a little too poppish for my liking. i think its because she was recently signed by another label (HIM) and they changed her style to suit the masses... sigh... there are a few good tunes in this album and her voice is still so enchanting. the video below is one of my favourite from this album. written by dick lee.



these 2 albums will be on my playlist for quite a while :)

*happy*

No comments: