Sunday, December 31, 2006

Goodbye 2006

As the same ol' saying goes... Times flies... It really does. It is new year's eve once again. This year has been a pretty good one, without any major disasters and with plenty of things to be thankful for. I've been thinking about how the year had gone by and like any other year, there were plenty of ups and downs. But all these ups and downs gave me life perspective about life and made me grow as a person. Just to recap the ups and downs of this year...

Downs:
1. Left SG on Valentines, and my mum was the only person who sent me off because everyone was busy celebrating Vday with their other halves. I spent my Vday with the hot air stewards.

2. Arrived in Adelaide all alone and have to deal with matters that needed to be settled personally.

3. Quarrelled with the SG gals and left an indelible scar on the friendship.


I guess things will never be the same again

4. Got really sick during the winter holidays and spent 2 weeks hibernating at my new home all alone.

5. Failed my "ward allocation" (something like a practical test) - not happy


Ups:
1. Had the experience of travelling interstate to play games, made new friends, strengthened existing friendships and improved my own game play!


I love this line-up... I look like a dwarf with them


The team that played in Sydney!


The League team - btw the womens team came in first!


Thats me - cool huh!

2. Learnt how to bake - damn well!


Oreo cheesecake - just one of the many cakes I can bake =P

3. Mum came to visit me during exam period, helped me to cook and clean the house, then headed to Melbourne for a short shopping trip!


Melbourne - railway station behind me!

4. Found 2 fantastic friends to share the agony of never ending assignments with me!


Best friends - Shan shan & Zhixian

5. Met up with long lost friend, havent seen her since secondary 4!


Havent met both gals since the day we parted NYGH, really enjoyed the reunion..

6. Visited places in S. Australia with my new housemate Charlotte and Lam-pee

At Victor Harbour with Marabelle, Charlotte and mum and me!


At Barossa Valley with Charlotte, her bf, Lampee and me


At Mount Gambier with Charlotte, Joyce, Lampee and me!


Me acting crazy... whats new...


Rainbow taken outside my house...

Looking forward to year 2007 - hope theres really a pot of gold at the end of it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey babe!!!

now then i realise..... i havent eaten a cake baked by u yet!!!

u better bake one for me and karen soon!! before u fly back to Oz!!! this is a command!!

=P
DN