Wednesday, September 19, 2007

My Frisbee Journey

Feeling very nostalgic lately, been thinking alot about my life back in Adelaide, especially the times when I was playing frisbee. I think the sport has really become a part of me, after playing one tournament here in Singapore, I'm starting to miss all my team mates, the lush green fields and the ever wonderful weather (even if its in the freezing cold!)

I picked up the sport in end 2005, but I think its 2006 when I had the most fun and made the most bonds...

I think the first tournament I played was the Summer League of 2005, when "Hey Ladies" was still our official name...


The following year in 2006, I think the first tournament was CUG (Central Uni Games), played at our own fields...





Thats Brett with a wonderful throw...



Our defence line... I feel so small...








Me against "boots"... I saw her again at the SG tournament! She actually flew all the way here to play the tournament... It was so nice seeing familiar faces...




Then my first big tournament, in Sydney, the National Australia Championship. We drove all the way up from Adelaide to Sydney! Took us what? 20 hours? It was heaps fun! Although my butt ached like mad (since I was the smallest, I had to sit in the middle...) This time round, our team is called Furyess...





Team FURYESS...








Fun loving Furyess.. yeah!











Emma sweetie! With her little antics as usual...






Cute?

Back in SA, in our own league, Furyess came in champs for the Autumn/Winter league for 2006! Woohoo!





The champs!

Then we drove up to Ballarat for the Southern Uni Games... Freezing our asses off, on the fields and off the fields... Disappointed that we didn't manage to retain the championship title, but it was a good experience overall...





The fields at Ballarat...

And the last tournament of the year (for me at least!) was the Australian Uni Games, held once again, at our very own lush green fields! This time I played for the 2nd team, Fiesty. There were only 10 of us in the team, and it was one whole week of intense running for me (I think its during this time that I hurt my knee real bad). Again I was so glad that I took part in it cos' I was contemplating of skipping it to study! Wise choise eh? I learnt so much, not just frisbee skills, but also leadership and of cos' socializing skills... =P



The cute prints of our team t-shirt!
















Wah... tired...



Team 1 debriefing



Greg... with his uber cool pose...



Ahhhhh our lush green fields...

1 comment:

LaM said...

u're sound too old liyan, it's pathological. u're 24 not 42. There's more to look forward then look back! make awesome things happen to u today.

But life in Adelaide's kinda awesome.