Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Home made ice cream!

We bought a cuisinart ice cream maker in our last trip down under (btw it's pink!) and its been under utilized... we've made only 3 batches of ice cream so far. The hubs say I "3-minute enthusiasm"..

So partly to prove him wrong & also cos I have a ripe mango sitting in the fruit basket, I decided to make that into ice cream! Using what I have in the kitchen, I made a mango-coconut sorbet. Surprisingly good though! Here's the recipe:

1 cup water
3/4 cup sugar (I mixed half white & half brown sugar)
1 cup coconut cream
1 cup mango cubes
A pinch of salt

1. Dissolve sugar in water using low to medium heat
2. When all the sugar is dissolved, add salt & coconut cream
3. Pour mixture and mango into a blender & purée
4. Refrigerate mixture for 2 hours
5. Pour mixture into ice cream maker

Voila! All done. Note for improvement is to use less sugar, and perhaps use only white sugar. The brown sugar made my mango ice cream look oxidized. Hur.

This is how the ice cream maker looks like. Cute max!

No comments: