Sunday, April 13, 2008

French food!

Went to the French Stall at Serangoon with Dean & Karen. Kudos to Karen for introducing the place to us. The food was really good! Thou not exactly the cheapest :P


Dean & Karen's starters - Escargot and Zucchini soup
(I didnt have any starters cos I'm too cheapo! :P)

The escargot was really good! (I stole some from Dean) I love the garlic and olive oil taste..


Dean's Cordon Bleu pork loin. Dean loved it. (I thought its not bad too)


Karen's pork chop. I thought it was ok... but the potato thingy that came with the dish was great!


My beef steak with i-dunno-what sauce. Yummm... Really... The potatoes were good too, had a pretty strong herb taste.. I like...

Desserts!!

Dean had the souffle (bottom), Karen had special dark chocolate cake (left) and I, as usual, got tiramisu (right)!!!

Tiramisu was fwah! Even better than the P&P one. The cheese wasn't too rich and the sponge fingers were not too soggy... All just nice!

According to Dean...

An excellent place to go to!
Nice ambience too
I like it
No air con though but it was alright that evening when i was there...
It wasn't too warm =)

Guess the pictures of the food says it all... Yummmm pity that Dean only took pictures of the food and none of the girls... *why!!* Next time we must force our heads into the screen shots :P


Address:
544 Serangoon Road
Singapore 218166
(2 bus-stops after Mustafa - Serangoon Plaza)

Tel: 6299 3544
(as far as I know, they do not entertain reservations)
Off: Every Monday

Operating Hours:
3pm - 6pm Desserts Only
6pm -10pm Dinner Only

After dinner the girls and I went to Dean's uncle's condo to chill and chit-chat. Love the girls' night out! All the catching up and gossips... haha!

Hope Dean's work gets better =)

6 comments:

Mike said...

Oh yes! I vouch for the French Stall! The food's done nicely, but what i love the most is the ambience.

To have a nice glass of wine with your meal and great company there makes it all worthwhile!

Liyan said...

wah.. sip wine? i not that classy leh! :P

JuZ JZin said...

Tiramisu?!!!

Got alcohol or not this one?

I must go!!! How much per pax ah?

Liyan said...

got! yummy lah!

i spent 30 bucks... dean spent >35 bucks... soooo depends on how much you eat!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Transplante de Cabelo, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://transplante-de-cabelo.blogspot.com. A hug.

Catherine said...

I'm not very fond of escargots. I would't mind having Beef steak and potatoes. Yummy !

Cathy
French online