Friday, December 30, 2005

Days 5 & 6

Days 5 to 8 are spent in Sydney, New South Wales. Its a cool place, with loads of people and high rise buildings, just like Melbourne, just like Singapore... When we were in the food court of the Hay Market, I really felt like I was home. The decor, the layout of the place and even the food sold were pretty similar to that of SGP's. Especially the one at Plaza Singapura!

Anyways, I just need to tell everyone how we got from Melbourne to Sydney. We took a coach there, yes, a coach, BUS. It took us 12 hours to get there. The journey was long and ardous, not exactly a wonderful experience for me. Oh well, maybe I'm just not the backpacker material. :(

Pic 1: Sydney Bondi Beach - One of the most popular beaches in Sydney, its the place where the 2000 Sydney Olympics for Beach Volleyball was held. Cool place, so many people tanning and cute guys surfing. We spent 2 hours having dinner at a restaurant along the beach... & people watching...


Pic 2: Another magnificent view of Bondi Beach


Pic 3: The Botanic Gardens in Sydney. Yes, it says Sex & Death...


Pic 4: I'm honing my photography skills at the Botanic Gardens, look at the pictures of the pretty flowers I took!


Pic 5: A bird I took...


Pic 6: The Botanic Garden also links to the Sydney Opera House... (That's where the finals of the Australian Idol is held!)


We went to Canberra, the capital state of Australia, its only a 3 hour drive away from Sydney.

Pic 7: The Parliament House


Pic 8: Canberra War Memorial. Oh, they feature stories of how Singapore fell into the hands of the Japanese as well!


Pic 9: Our tour guide brought us to this place where we can have a panoramic view of Canberra...


Pic 10: Oh we went to the National Museum as well... I took an artsy fartsy picture.. heh heh... This structure is part of the Aboriginal Culture...


k.. that's all for now... days 7 & 8 will be coming soon.

No comments: