Wednesday, January 25, 2006

After 9 Days of Work

The past 9 days were the busiest days of holidays eversince I got back. Was working for Simon's company, doing some logistics stuff for him (eg: calling people to go for some survey and acting as a receptionist cum secretary) and the 9 days that I've worked earned me about $400. Yay, means I have money to go shopping... Hur hur... So much for saving for a rainy day...

I went JB with my momma today to dye hair. Yes, I'm doing weird stuff to my hair again. I have this fetish of "taking care" of my hair, its my crowning glory, so needa make sure its pretty ma... Anyway, I dyed it black and highlighted it red. It looks damned cool la... =P

I was reading the m'sian version of FEMALE and I came across this article: Sleep Yourself Slim. How? Let moi enlighten you...

According to the article, the lack of sleep causes some hormonal imbalance in the body,(really?? I didn't know that) in particular, reducing the amount of Leptin produced (okay, its a hormone that causes you to feel full). Hence, the reduced amount of Leptin causes one to overeat (yah, makes sense coz you constantly feel hungry) and therefore leads to obesity. Americans, on the average sleep lesser hours than those people of the modern world. Americans have a higher rate of obesity. (HUHhh, I thought its because of their oily diet...)

So... I think I've put on weight recently... It must be due to the lack of sleep.. Hur hur...

Anyway, I thought this article was really interesting... Did I bore anyone to death?

My friend and I went to this place called Island Creamery last week, we thought its a really cool place, seems like a cosy place to hang out and have some yummy ice-cream... Oh, and their ice-cream are made daily, so its supposedly very fresh!


The logo of Island Creamery












A blur picture of the place taken with my camera

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

where's this island creamery? Anyway, you said your hair is damn cool but you didnt take a pic!! =P

Anonymous said...

its at serene centre, farrer road there.. my camera SPOIL!! cannot take pic... =(