Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Raising $100k

I saw this on my friend's blog, lets all put in a lil something for the poor boy?
Call Mrs Tan at 64571006 if you wanna make any contributions


Trying to raise S$100K without going through the newspaper, and also without any charity shows is no mean feat.

Why the $100K? Let me narrate the story.



This is David. He is an orphan from China. Nobody knows how old he is, but we speculate that he is 1 1/2 years. He has a mind of his own, often exerting his position in his foster family. He scolds and cries loudly. Best of all, he simply loves to eat. He has a sweet tooth, loving any sort of sweets & chocolates or food in general. The two phrases that always pops out of his mouth are "eat" and "I don't want". His expression of "I don't want" comes with shaking his 5 pound head and ferocious waving of his two hands.

The heart has a wall that separates oxgenated and deoxgenated blood.
Imagine that the wall has a hole...
Now imagine your heart has it's arteries in the wrong position of the heart, meaning, the oxgenated blood is going into the wrong place of the heart.
Imagine the both together now.
Imagine David having these problems.

We went to visit the heart doctor yesterday and he has informed that David's heart condition has deterriorated. The operation needs to be scheduled soon. Thus, I have been typing donation appeal letters.

Oh perhaps, you are asking why am I doing it? It's simple. David stays with my family.

Now, let me try asking this, why does a charity who has gotten almost $6 million from donors unwillingly to spare some? It does speak a lot for the charity, doesn't it?

No comments: