Sunday, April 16, 2006

One week of holidays

Eeeks, time flies when you're having fun... the first week of term break went by so quickly...

Monday was spent running around the field the whole day for CUG (Central Uni Games), but we came in first, out of 3 teams.. haha.. yay... not many unis to compete with. Still I'm glad we won. Next up is SUG in July, gonna be held in Ballart (Victoria), sounds fun!

This week is "Easter week", this is my first time experiencing Easter outside Singapore. I don't remember doing anything special during this time of the year, except just lazing around at home for having this extra holiday. Here, the atmosphere's different. ALL the shops are closed during the Easter weekend, and we had to "stock up" food on Thursday cos the shops are gonna be closed till Monday. And having "Easter eggs" is a bigger thing compared to home. I seriously don't remember eating easter eggs during easter. But here, I was given at least 5 easter eggs! Yum... =P

Anyways, since there was NOWHERE to go on this weekend, Joyce & I decided to go watch some Waterski competition held in Glenelg, just to look at cool people jumping around in skis & enjoy the cool autumn breeze. Some pictures we took while we were there.



Can you spot the flying man?



Look at this person jump... it looks like the person is "cut & pasted" on the background, but NO... He really jumped that high... Btw, they're competiting on who jumps the furthest. The furthest distance I heard was about 55 metres I think..



I couldnt help but marvel at the beautiful sunset...



Us gals... looking cool...

Next up is Sydney ladies nationals! Can't wait to go!

No comments: