Thursday, April 27, 2006

Ultimate Frisbee, Ultimate Fun

I'm so glad I that I joined the gals in the Sydney tournament. Initially I was hesitant and apprenhensive about this trip because I thought I might not fit in. As it turns out, my worries were unduly. The gals were so much fun to be with, and not once did I feel left out of the group.

The trip started with a 16-hour drive from Adelaide to Sydney. We covered a total of 1395km! thats like 25 times the length of Singapore! We sat in the car until our asses ached, seriously, at one point of time my arse was numb... but it was fun, we joked, laughed, snacked non-stop on the way there. And when we finally reached Sydney, we practiced our "teamwork" in getting around the city (Coz the city is sooo complicated compared to Adelaide, and the heavy traffic did not help). We had one gal driving, 2 gals reading the map and another 2 gals trying to keep the rest of the gals calm from the 16-hour drive.. ha.. it was hilarious!

The games itself started on Saturday and ended on Tuesday. Throughout these 4 days, we played a total of 9 games, each lasting for about 1.5 hours. So that's ALOT of exercise. We didnt have many subs, so imagine the amount of running we had to do, my legs were sore everyday after the games.

We didnt win the tournament itself, but we finished a rank higher than our seeding, which is like a major victory for us already. We were seeded 15th, and we came in 14th (did I mention that there were only 16 teams?) hur hur... But it was great fun, I learnt alot from the many games we had to play, and built up my endurance too! I think I'm now well known for my "fast legs" heh heh.. and my greatest achievement for this tournament was *drumroll*........ that I won MVP for one of the games! Eh, for those who dunno, MVP means "most valuable player" and usually at the end of each game, the opposition team will nominate one player as MVP, and usually the MVP will get a little prize from the opposition team. So thats like a mega prize for me. It felt really good, its like knowing that your hard work is being recognised. Anyway, many of the other players also told me that I improved alot during this tourney (short for tournament), so I'm really happy!


The wonderful Furyess gals!


My MVP prize, just a string of lollies, but I'm still gonna treasure it!

The only sad thing about this tourney was probably the fact that we travelled so far to Sydney, but didnt really get a chance to tour the city. We spent most of our time at the fields, and the only time we got to see the city was during the night when everything's more or less closed. The most we saw of Sydney was just Bondi beach... Not to say that its no good, just that spending 5 days at the same place aint gonna make it that interesting! heh...


Bondi Beach...


Team-mate Alisa & I strolling the beach

Now, take a look at our lunch basket


I'm really a bread person, I love eating bread.. but after having 5 days of bread for every single meal, I just dont feel like bread anymore! Urghh...


A more detailed look into our lunch basket...


The gals chilling out in the shade after a game while waiting for lunch


I was trying to take a picture with my team-mate from America, and just before the picture was taken, she just scooped me up! Apparently I'm just soooo small


Us gals just goofing around after the tourney...

It was just sooo much fun! Can't wait for the next tourney to begin!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm so proud of u, mvp =)

dean

Xiaohui said...

WAHHH MVP SIAAAA dun play play
hahha

eh is that tights u're wearing?

Liyan said...

NOOOOOOOO... its our soccer shorts lah toot!