Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Magic Freeze

Went to AMK for KTV with Dean & Karen. First time I ktv-ed in like 6 months??? Feels good to sing again! Haha.. Although I think I sounded like I was croaking most of the time. After that we went to Andy's ice cream shop at AMK Big Mac Centre (2nd level, opposite Shop & Save) for some yummilicious ice-cream...


Three of us inside the shop...


Three of us at the counter of the shop...
*Pictures courtesy of Dean* hurhur

Those who live in the AMK, Toa Payoh region, please frequent the ice-cream shop! Its good ice-cream, low sugar, low fat! :P

Anyway time to share "the stupid things Liyan said at work..."

My supervisors & I were talking about butters & margarine and trans-fat...

Supervisors: So would you advise your patient to have butter or margarine?

Me: Er, margarine, because butter has got alot of saturated fat..........trans-fat cause cancer.....

Supervisors: NO, trans-fat don't cause cancer, it causes heart disease...

Me: *to myself* I'm an idiot... I learnt this ten thousand times and I still cannot remember... I have to shoot myself...

Every friday during the debrief I somehow will spout some nonsense and make myself look really silly. I have a love-hate relationship with fridays... Urgh...

4 comments:

JuZ JZin said...

hey...tell exactly where this famous Andy ice-cream place is leh. and wat time it closes. I tried the popular ice-creamery and wasn't impressed. Maybe this andy will do wonders for my tongue

JuZ JZin said...

opps, that came out all wrong...shit

JuZ JZin said...

trans fat-> cancer?!

right.

ok lah...got some studies that linked it to prostate cancer but generally the consensus is that at the moment, studies show no real link. proli in the future...we'll see...

fat...FAT...raise blood cholesterol...increase risk of CHD

Sat Fat and trans fat's almost the same BAD benefit. some say trans fat is worse than sat fat. But i say both are bad, not very significantly different from each other thus cut both fats down.

Sources: http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/full/354/15/1601
http://www.aacrmeetingabstracts.org/cgi/content/abstract/2006/1/943

Liyan said...

its big mac centre, just beside ang mo kio hub...

2nd level opposite shop n save.. MAGIC FREEZE

opens everyday from 11am to 10pm? i think lah