Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Don't Quit

Have you ever been so scared and nervous that all you do is just to take deep breaths?
Have you ever been so stressed out that you breathe so hard your chest hurts?

I have. That was all I felt the whole of Monday.

Everyone tells me to relax, don't be so stressed out, don't think too much about what others say/think. But... its really hard. When I say I think I really might not be able to make it through this placement, everyone reassures me that I can. Can I really? I don't usually doubt myself or my capability. But I ask myself this question almost everyday.

I like this poem (stole this from a friend's blog!), helps to keep my head up a little, just above the water...

Don't Quit (Author unknown)
When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill.
When funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile but you have to sigh.
When care is pressing you down abit,
Rest, if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As everyone of us sometimes learn.
And many a failure turns about,
When he might have won had he stuck it out.
Don't give up though the pace is slow,
You may succeed with another blow.

Success is failure turned inside out,
The silver tint of the cloud of doubt.
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when seems so far.
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit-
Its when things go wrong that you must NOT QUIT!

Many thanks to all who take time to listen to me rant! Especially Xiaohu, Gao & Joanna - who offered a crying shoulder at work.. awww thanks :)

No comments: