Saturday, June 23, 2007

End of Wk 5 placement

Yay, weekend again!

Today marks the end of Week 5 of my clinical placement. Its been a depressing week really. Somehow I havent been performing up to standard and its really disappointing. On a positive note, I was able to identify my own weaknesses and find ways to improve on them. But there are some things which I know I havent been doing well and until week 5, I'm still not doing it well. I hate it when I have to repeat things to people, so I try not to let people repeat things to me. I understand how frustrating it can be for the other person, but now I'm guilty of that too. Very often I find that my supervisor has to keep repeating the advice to me over and over again because they just dont seem to be registering. Sad...

One of my solutions for this lousy week is to have a good rest, and go back to work on Monday fully recharged and ready to fire. So I started off Friday night with Dex & Kong for dinner & movie.

We caught this movie "Deathproof" which Dex said was highly recommended by his friend. I wonder if his friend was playing a trick on him or something cos' I thought that movie was absolutely crap. The initial part of the movie was grossly vivid (especially a part on a car crash where the girl's leg flew off the body) while the second part of the plot was simply silly. Kong said his 3 year old cousin could have written the plot! That's how simple and predictable the plot was.... Anyway... the only good thing about the movie was perhaps the stunning chicks. They employed many pretty girls for the cast, which made the movie looked kinda sleazy at the beginning. So much for a good start to the weekend huh! But I shall not complain too much since I didn't have to pay for the tickets! haha! Thanks Kong.........


The crash scene I hate...


The stupid car which is "death proof"


The 4 chicks that make the show bearable...

Apologies for the tiny pictures & tiny words. I promise I'll change the layout once my clinical placement finishes! Thanks for your patience =)

1 comment:

JuZ JZin said...

Actually, unfortunately, if i'm not wrong, Death Proof is supposed to be part of a film titled "Grindhouse"
But except for the US, the rest of the non-english speaking world (meaning us?!) gets to see the double bill separately. two months of each other...

Grindhouse is essentially a double bill by Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino, two maverick directors who has the films, Kill Bill, Pulp Fiction under their belts. The film was to pay tribute to old school horror and action films. The idea for Grindhouse came to Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino when Tarantino would set up screenings of double features ('Planet Terror' by Robert and 'Death Proof' by Quentin), complete with trailers preceding and between the films.
Death Proof contains copious amounts of violence and has one of the coolest car chase scenes!