Thursday, August 09, 2007

National Day!

Happy 42nd Birthday Singapore!!!

The organization I'm at had a mini celebration at work yesterday. It was quite fun, heh.. Most of the people came in red and white, the colours that represent the country.

In the midst of singing songs...

More people in red & white

It was actually quite a fun celebration. We sang the usual national day songs like Count on me Singapore, Stand up for Singapore and Home. Reminded me of a song that I used to sing when I was in primary school. The lyrics go something like this...

The 9th of August is a holiday, we don't have to go school
We all can play, I'm dressed in my best, especially for today
Hip hip hooray, its our National Day

Today is the Birthday of Singapore
We will celebrate this day, like never before
I don't how it happened, but I know its true,
Singapore's the home for me & you.

Blah blah blah, I can't remember the rest...

Anyway those from my primary school will probably recall a song something like that. Its cute isn't it?

3 comments:

*dean* said...

Er, can u tell me what is the tune? Sounds very cute lei.. hehe~

Liyan said...

haha, it goes lalalalalala :P

I'll sing it for you next time

*dean* said...

btw, ziwei was my ex. (erm, but dont feel like explaining in my blog. so explain here better. hahahahah~)