Sunday, August 12, 2007

Secret by Jay Chou

Secret - Jay Chou


Managed to catch this movie today, quite enjoyed watching it. This is a love story, and in my view, a tragic one. I must say Taiwanese actors have a way of engaging the audience, I really felt for the female lead in this movie and I do feel like falling in love at the end of it!

I think Jay Chou's acting has improved in this movie, although still alot of those "expressionless" faces, but I think its quite suitable for his role in this movie (hurhur). This is also his directorial and script writing debut and I thought he did a pretty good job of it. I liked the development of the plot. Even Kong who was initially quite skeptical about the whole movie thought that the plot was pretty intriguing. So kudos to Jay for coming up with this interesting plot.

Because of the complexity of this plot, I found that there was quite a bit of inconsistencies throughout the whole movie. In order not to be a spoiler, those who are REALLY interested in knowing what I felt the inconsistencies were, we can discuss this over dinner. But, I must say some parts were intricately linked as well, so its good. To sum it up, I thought this movie was worth watching. Those who have not watched it, I think its worth your 2 hours of precious time! (And no, I'm not publicizing for my favourite singer! =P)

Oh btw, the piano pieces that they played in the movie was good too! So was the ending song! Haha!

1 comment:

JuZ JZin said...

I love the movie...ya...makes me wanna be in love

but not wif a t*** traveller though...

Absolutely love the piano pieces esp the piano battle

And I agree...a few illogical parts to the 'secret' and the plot but itz a movie to entertain...a love story that does not claim to be smart though unexpected.