Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Month of June

This month has been a really bad month... Like really...

This month alone I chalked up 4 days of MC... Last week I was down with URTI... less than one week later it developed a secondary infection and became bronchitis... I coughed so much that my abs hurt, and I think I pulled one muscle on my side just by coughing too much... Oh yah, the latest update is that I cough so hard that I feel like vomiting after... its scary...

Life at home hasn't been the best either. Shall not elaborate much, just that its never easy trying to handle our parents' issues...

Work... its been pretty smooth sailing until recently. My mentor went overseas for business trip, and last minute I've been told that I have to deliver a presentation to the big shots, with my boss around. Urgh, I'm not past my probation yet! The stress of being assessed and talking to the biggies is going to scare the sh*t out of me... sighz...

Sometimes I think life is in the dumps... k said its all about perception. Its how we perceive the problem. We can either magnify it, let it engulf us or I can look at it from another angle. k also said time will heal the wounds. cliche... but true.

I think sometimes we get too focussed on our own problems that we forget that the big guy up there is in control. Trust in Him to give us the strength to overcome all these!

Dear Lord, you're the mighty God that sent your son to suffer for our sins, and also to let us know that we are not alone when things bring us pain. Lord, I thank you for blessing me with parents who love me, a wonderful brother who supports me wholeheartedly and great friends who stick by me thru' thick and thin. Lord, you know what I'm going through and what is on my mind. Lord I pray that you will resolve the issue at home and heal all wounds so that the house becomes a home. Lord I pray that you will bless me with the wisdom and courage to say the right things at the right time at work, to stand up for what I believe in science. Lord I pray that you bless me with good health, that you will take away my cough. Most of all Lord, I pray that you will bless all my loved ones and friends endless happiness, and that they will be safe and healthy always. For those who are traveling overseas, Lord I pray that you will watch over their journeys, that you will keep them safe from harm, and also that the trip will help them to de-stress from their daily routines, that they will be refreshed again! Lord I commit my life in your hands. Amen.

No comments: