Sunday, June 01, 2008

Weekend!

Its been a packed weekend... lots of activities... tiring but worth it.. heh heh

The weekend started off on Friday night - KTV with Dean and colleagues.

Due to some unforeseen circumstances, dinner with Dean & colleagues was cancelled and I ended up meeting Char & Neil for dinner at PGP. They were there to try out the popular Astons. It looked pretty good I must say (I didn't try it cos I'm supposed to try it with Dean & Karen on wed). I had some Beijing jiao zi thing from one of the stalls. DO NOT TRY IT... it sucks...

That was dinner #1. Met Tim for dinner #2 at Maxwell market. We had the Hakka abascus dish & it was yum! We also had German sausage at the hawker centre... Value for money and the sauerkraut was actually quite decent! Not too sour like most cheap coffeeshop western food stalls...

Then... Headed to meet Dean at Oriental Plaza for KTV with her colleagues. It was some ktv contest thingy within her department. I thought its quite funny... Check out her blog for the videos of the singing! I sang 2 songs!! Most importantly... it was free! haha... her colleague treated everyone!


The geeky me!

Met Tim after ktv for some cheap beers at bukit timah market... the 2 of us finished 1.5 litres of beer... Actually... He drank most of it.. haha.. I think I only drank like 500ml at most... :P

Saturday!

Met mum for brunch. Mum brought me to this Thai restaurant place near her office at Alexandra. The food is pretty good actually! They actually serve mango sticky rice! I thought thats a pretty rare find in Singapore... Or maybe I suaku... :P

After lunch, Mum and I went shopping at Robinsons. I offered to buy stuff for her using the Robinsons voucher and she got so excited... Haha... Robinsons IS the shopping place for aunties... I swear... Mum ended up buying stuff like thermos flask, lock & lock containers & the like... hmmm...

Then I met Nick for service at SJSM and then we went to Tim's house for tennis!! Wasn't the best day to play tennis cos' it has been raining the entire day and the courts were soaking wet. The boys tried v hard to dry the courts using the rollars... while I.... tried v hard to help them by keeping out of their way.. :P Tennis left us feeling ultra famished... then we went to the coffee shop near SJSM for some heartland steak! I think its really a "gem" hidden within coffeeshops... They serve steak on those hot plates.. so when the steak came to us.. it was sizzling! PLUS! Its cheap... its only like $11 per serve. I think the shop is called beef house or something like that... Oh oh and I had to add... The coffeeshop sells a bottle of Erdinger for $5.60 only!

After dinner we headed to Double O for some clubbing action with a few of Tim's friends. It was retro/pop night on Sat and it was actually quite fun having 2 true blue mambo kings amidst us... One of them knew all the moves to the mambo songs! Very amusing especially when the boys are half drunk! haha... We partied till like 2am before we decided to call it a night... I must admit that I'm old liao... party for one night and I feel like my bones are falling apart and I'm like ultra sleepy on a Sunday night at... 8pm... urghhhh

Sunday!

Wanted to go sun-tanning to even out my skin tone. Got funny tan marks after my frisbee games and it looks awful! My arms are black while my neck and belly are white... bad contrast!! The weather hasn't been the best recently... Sunny for a bit then cloudy for a long bit... I think I only managed to catch 15 mins of sun?! horrible... guess I gotta wait for another week before I can attempt to tan it even...

Caught the Kite Runner on DVD the same afternoon. Its a really good show... To those who are still contemplating watching it... GO AND CATCH IT... its really a magnificent film!




"The Kite Runner tells the story of Amir, a boy from the Wazir Akbar Khan district of Kabul, who is haunted by the guilt of betraying his childhood friend Hassan, the son of his father's Hazara servant. The story is set against a backdrop of tumultuous events, from the fall of the monarchy in Afghanistan through the Soviet invasion, the mass exodus of refugees to Pakistan and the United States, and the rise of the Taliban regime."

The movie was so touching I cried buckets... Really opened my eyes to the sufferings of war, especially in the middle eastern countries...

I think I'm going to end my Sunday night sleeping early, to make up for the lack of sleep on Saturday night... haha... gd nite!!


No comments: