Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Food

I think I'm gonna be a very good cook when I go back home. Ever since I came here, I've been picking up cooking skills along the way, learning new recipes and trying new things. Before this I only knew how to cook maggi mee and fry an egg... NOW... I can do wonders... HAHAHAHA...

Look at my gourmet meal... YUM... Its baked salmon with home-made chips and chinese stir-fry veg... Healthy & YUM...





Previously I can only bake stuff using "mixes", NOW, I bake stuff starting from scratch... I'm so proud of myself!

Chocolate Chip cookies - Makes ~ 30

Ingredients:
- 125g butter at room temperature
- 125g brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 375g self-raising flour
- 125g chocolate chip bits

Directions:
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C
- Line tray with paper or grease tray
- Combine butter, sugar & vanilla
- Add egg to butter mixture, beat till combined & mixture starts to thicken
- Add flour to butter mixture & beat till just combined
- Stir in chocolate bits
- Using teaspoons, place spoonfuls of mixture on tray, ~3cm apart
- Bake for 15-20 mins until golden
- Stand on tray for 2 mins then transfer to wire rack to cool

Try it... Yum...

3 comments:

Xiaohui said...

wahhhhhhhh den u can teach me!!
i'm maidless for the time being. SOB!!

Liyan said...

haha, no prob, when i go home lor... or when u visit me lor =P

Gaothebao said...

Whoa dood...that does look good...i wish you were here with me.

The people I eat with don't really cook and the only cook we left has left and gone back to Malaysia..boohoo...back to fries and burgers for me...