Friday, March 17, 2006

Maybe

I hate to sound 'nerdy', but I've been studying every single day eversince uni started 3 weeks ago. And I really mean religiously studying... at least 3 hours on weekdays, and a ridiculous 8 hours on weekends. I'm a FREAK! But I can't help it.. This course is crazy, the work is never ending, forever piling up higher and higher... till I can't see the tip of the mountain of notes.

From time to time, I'll ask myself Why am I going through all this crap when I could have started working last May? Gosh, I dunno... Maybe its the childhood dream of becoming a health professional, maybe its the prospect of commanding higher pay when I finally graduate, maybe its my zest for food, maybe... maybe...

Maybe if I started work, I could have bought a car. Maybe I could have found a prospective husband, maybe I could have been asked to set up a food lab like yvonne, maybe... maybe... Maybe I could have lost myself in the world of endless 9-5 work, maybe I could have turned into one of those cynical workers in a laboratory, maybe I could have lost hope in life...

I do know, if I did not pursue this degree, I'll never realize my childhood dream, I'll never get to enjoy the freedom I have now, I'll never see the world from this new perspective, I'll never learn to play frisbee at a competitve level (I used to think it was just another of those beach-y things ppl do), I'll never get to know the friends I've made here, I'll never get to meet him...

Its a path of no return, I hope I can find the strength to carry on, and last till the very end... and of coz, emerge victorious...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

keep your chin up.. and you will reach there even if you are drowning in workload of readings. :o)

Gaothebao said...

When you're old and your skin is all wrinkled, you'll look back on all these things that have made your life, your life. I hope you live life with no regrets=)

Xiaohui said...

i must say that your essay writing skills have improved since u started blogging. hurhur

i'ver mever heard u speak like that b4 (at least not verbally la) and i'm glad u're pursuing ur dreams. not many pple have the courage to do that.

because of u, i shall be a professional canoeist.

hahaha. ok la thats abit spastic. maybe after i retire i go into coaching.

Liyan said...

haha... my hidden talents... =P