Sunday, March 12, 2006

My 5 Hours Wait...

It has been a long & hard day... Let me tell my story... My saturday story...

Its a long weekend, Monday's a public holiday, so the gals arranged to go to some animal show/fair on Saturday. I'm not really into animals, plus its so freaking hot (37 deg!!) and since I've got so much work to do, I decided to stay home & be a mugger... (Yes, its just the start of the semester, I know.. but hey, that's me..)

The day began like just any other day, I woke up, had breakfast, sat down and did some work until lunch time, went to cook lunch... I tried to be creative and cooked mushrooms with corn kernal together with prata & had a glass of orange juice... Worst mistake of my life I tell you... After lunch my stomach started to cramp, it was sooooo bad that I was rolling on my bed & just squeezing my tummy with my 2 hands. The pain went on for like hours before I decided that I should make my way to the hospital (yes, I have a high threshold for pain!)

Anyway, my housemates drove me to the hospital emergency department and there began my 5 hours of wait... The wait to see someone called the DOCTOR... After registering with the nurse AND the clerical reception, I sat and waited at the lobby for 3 full hours. The pain was so bad after one hour, so I told the nurse, and they just gave me painkillers... Which took another one hour to be effective... Then when I was finally ushered into the treatment rooms, I was left to wait lying on a bed for 2 hours, before a kind lady doctor attended to me... BUT, because I waited so long before I got to see her, the pain I experienced earlier was gone already. So there wasnt much the doc could do except give me pain killer in case the pain comes again. According to her diagnosis, I ate something wrong/something dirty/something that my body had a reaction to. (which was most prolly my "creative" lunch) They then gave me a blood test & urine test & since everything turned out "normal", I was discharged. Did I mention I arrived at the hospital at 18:00 and left at 00:30??

Yes, I know emergency departments treat patients according to level of urgency, but 5 hours of wait is wayyyyyyyy too long! The treatment they gave me was WAIT which CURED my illness... Now I really appreciate the sophisticated medical services SGP offers mannnnn, they should have an outpatient clinic at the hospital, then people like me, can actually see the doctor when my stomach was still cramping and get treatment for the cramps! Not wait until my cramps all gone then TRY to decipher what went wrong earlier... GRRRR, STUPID hospital system, STUPID DOCTORS!!!

To all who are concerned about me, I'm fine now, so no worries!

3 comments:

Gaothebao said...

OMG. If we ever have a pot luck in S'pore...you'll be expected to BUY food..not cook them..understand?

Liyan said...

ehhhh i'm a good cook okay... yday was...... just an accident!

LaM said...

A&E in singapore is not much faster too what. it took me 4 hrs to take an x-ray after i fractured my foot.