Thursday, March 02, 2006

Look at me NOW

ACNE - acne occurs when sebaceous glands under the skin begin to secrete superfluous oil during puberty. The sebum oil production glands are stimulated by male hormones that are produced in the adrenal glands, of both boys and girls.

The oil generally lubricates and protects the skin, but this acute secretion, gives millions of us many problems, especially as young adults. Inadvertently, cells that are close to the openings of the sebaceous glands sometimes block the openings. This causes a buildup of oil underneath the skin, and as part of general decay, bacteria go to work on this organic material. Other bacteria, which live in our skin but are generally benign, devour this oil and multiply, and cause the surrounding tissues to become inflamed, as a mild infection.

When the infection is right near the surface, a pustule is formed; if it is deeper, a papule or pimple is formed. Deeper still and it becomes a cyst. If the oil breaks though to the surface, the result is a whitehead. If the oil becomes oxidized, acted on by oxygen in the air, the oil changes from white to black, and the result is a blackhead. This is how the two types of comedones develop.

Like this...



And why am I researching about pimples now? Cos I'm studying about it! YAH RIGHT...

How I wish I was JUST researching on this topic... Fact is... MY FACE IS FULL OF PIMPLES!!!!! I'm sooooo upset... Just take a look at my face...



Its DISGUSTING... BOOO HOOO... Its karma, I know it. I shouldnt have boasted about my pretty complexion in the past. Now its here to haunt me... HELPppppppp... There's so many pimples on my face that there isn't even a clear spot for people to kiss... (Not that I'll be kissed anytime soon.. haha!) I'm depressed... I want my clear complexion back! I think I need to see a dermatologist & get some of those pills Ah Hu is taking to clear pimples... Anyone wanna donate to my "Clear Liyan's pimples fund"? Hur hur... stupid me...



PS: I'm NOT a bimbo... I'm NOT, really.

9 comments:

LaM said...

i didn't say what's not proven doesn't mean doesn't exist. i was questioning the whole idea of proving things. ah ha.

Gaothebao said...

That looks like a picture of your ass...u sure u uploaded the correct one?

Liyan said...

dood.. have u seen my ass before?

Xiaohui said...

GAO are u stupid or wat. ASS WHERE GOT LOOK LIKE THAT!!

anyway woman, ur entry reminds me of one of my entry too. i was complaining abt my horrid complexion and blamed it on karma too!!! AHAHAH so funny. anyway, mine started out like that too. so i really suggest u faster go get the pills. it's called ROACCUTANE. n i started taking it when it got alot worse so now my scars r taking longer to recover. u better see NOW so that it doesn't worsen!!

it's not that bad la. abt $100 for a mth of tablets but u get results. gao also took it before!

Anonymous said...

babe, u r at e age where u may wanna give birth n stuff...... i think u need to know that roaccutane has side effects on your babies.... dunno hw long e pills' effect may last in ya body, even after u've stopped tkg it... u know wat i mean.... so u gotta b sure.... u wanna tk it.. but no worries, e doc will tell u all e side effects n a responsible one will make u sign an idemnity form... =P

anyway, if i m nt wrong, there's one on e market, tt has e same effect as roaccutane, but is slightly cheaper. u may wanna consider tt?? =P can always ask ya doctor

Liyan said...

omg, that sounds scary... maybe i should just stick to facial? will applying mask once a week help???

Anonymous said...

Try Aesop's products. Friend swears by it.

Xiaohui said...

yah it's true but u wanna have babies this year meh.

once u stop taking it for around 2 mths it's ok already.

u can always de-toxic-nize urself

Anonymous said...

my god! u r mad........ i think i saw acne adverts on ya web page!!!

anyway, u wanna increase e traffic flow of ya web? try to put in some T*mmy name in it...... then ppl will access it, coz they may think there's some s*xy video in your blog... hehe~ i read tt in e straits times..... =P from hundreds can juz skyrocket to thousands!! s*x sells....... =P

dn