Sunday, September 18, 2005

Holidays!!

I went clubbing last night with the SGP gals and it was fun! The club we went to was at Marion, which is quite far from the city. The people at the club were like 99% angmohs and I felt quite intimidated. There were quite a few guys who tried to dance with us, or rather, tried to get fresh with us. But as I looked around, it seemed like everyone was groping everyone else. After a while, the guys who tried to "join" us, realised that no one was responding, left. I met my housemates at the same club, and they joined us for a while. It was the first time Sarah's boyfriend actually talked to me. Normally he comes over, smiles, and disappears into Sarah's room. But last night we danced together for a while and took photos as well. On the whole, the clubbing experience was fun, the dancing and drinking made everyone loosen up. Selina suggested going to the club in Chinatown next time, coz there'll be more Asians at the club and we won't feel so intimidated. Hmmm, not a bad idea... but I don't think we'll club anytime soon anway...

The SGP gals and I set up a stall at this Assemblage bazaar organized by the International Students' Association and we made money selling kueh lapis, pandan cake, konnyaku jelly and cornflake cookies. The money we made (about $100 intotal) will prolly go to pay for our upcoming yum cha session. Overall the Assemblage experience was really cool, we saw loads of performance by students from everywhere! There was drum performance by Aboriginal students, dance by Fiji-ans, belly dancing, salsa, samba and some other Indian dances. So interesting to see so many performances of different cultures, quite an eye opener!

I went to play volleyball on Tuesday as well. Got to know 2 SGP guys who were playing vball as well. One of them turned out to be my NUS junior's boyfriend. The world is so small! The other guy is from Temasek Poly. Did I mention that 60% of the SGP students here are from TP? Anyway he's from TP and he's in his 4th year (Hons year) doing Bach of Science. What impresses me is that he only played vball for one year, but he's REALLY good. I nearly thought he used to play for combined school team or even the National team... haha, a bit exaggerated. Anway, that's about all I have to update...

No comments: