Wednesday, October 12, 2005

My Week Thus Far...

Updates and more updates!

Sunday's volleyball game was pretty good, I didnt know why I was feeling so hyperactive. I was skipping, hopping and jumping around for no apparent reason, anyway since I was being the "bubbly" me, I reached for every single ball that came at me and actually played quite well! Previously got 2 very good ang moh players who were initially quite hostile were actually quite impressed that someone puny like me could actually play... So yay!

I watched the movie 40 year old virgin with Mike and his 2 friends. The show was good, had some really hilarious jokes. I liked the show, its a good show to watch if you wanna relax and laugh things out. Although the show was good, the night wasnt too good. The 2 friends that Mike brought along were actually a couple, so it felt like a double date to me. And I'm so annoyed at myself coz I didnt really try hard enough to want to know his 2 friends. I didnt create small talk with his friends and since the 3 of them were joking and laughing about some joke from another party, I just sat there quietly in my own corner and ate my food in silence. I felt like a vase, used just for display, to look good and nothing else. On the way back, they were again laughing and joking, this time about the movie that we've just watched. Problem is, they're joking and laughing about the movie, making references to another movie which I have never watched. So, again, just sitting in silence. I don't blame them for not including me in their conversation, just annoyed with myself. Eversince I came here I've been hiding in my own little shell, not daring to speak up for fear of being laughed at. Sometimes its the language that I feel I'm not too confident in, othertimes I'm just afraid that people will judge me when I make silly comments (which I sometimes do when I'm in my crappy mood). So yup, I've been a lousy date for the night, I think if I was a guy and I went out with such a gal, I think I'll not go out with her ever again...

Wednesday... Hung around with Dawn & Shiling at the community centre for a couple of hours after class. Shiling was craving for cakes (think its PMS) so we decided to bring her there to satisfy her cravings. We had 2 cakes (white chocolate mudcake & caramel mudcake), one chocolate brownie and a plate of potato wedges. YUM, sinful food = great tasting food. Heh heh... I thought the cakes tasted pretty good, but maybe they've been sitting in the fridge for sometime so can taste that its not that fresh. But still, the sheer taste of chocs and cake itself makes up for the lack of freshness. Shiling told us today that she's going back to SGP on the coming Wednesday. Glad that the school approved her application to go back, hope she gets more quality rest back home and come back and start the new semester with a bang!

After hanging out at the community centre and all that sinful food, I decided I needa work off those excess calories. Frisbee was the solution and I had a great time there! Initially I thought I would feel weird and left out coz Shiling and some of my newbie friends werent going, but somehow things werent as bad as I thought it would be. The people at frisbee were really nice to me and patiently taught me some of the techniques/strategies of the game. Towards the end of the training, the people there got kinda crazy and started doing crazy stuff like taking off their shorts, quite entertaining thou.. heh heh =P I think I played quite well today. *happy* Joe (the captain of the team) invited me to join the summer league, quite interested in playing but I think I cant cope with so much activities going on. Plus I gotta do well to stay here, so I told him that I'll join them after the exams. Hope I didnt sound like a geek...

Okay, bedtime, cant wait for soccer tmr, I needa work off my excess energy and the frustrations building up inside me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like fun

Anonymous said...

y r u frustrated.. coz of e lousy date?? hehe

Anonymous said...

forgot to mention i m dean.. =P

Liyan said...

yes... sighhhh so annoyed with myself and everything else!!!