Saturday, October 08, 2005

My Weekend

Time to update everyone on my exciting weekend... well, not exactly very exciting.. just doing same ol' stuff...

Thursday: Soccer! Bad day for me at soccer coz I was so accident prone. First, at the start of the game an idiot tripped me and I fell hard. My hands were red as I was trying to break the fall. Next, a skinny girl elbowed me on my nose and hit me on my arm. Finally, a bloke kicked the soccer ball straight into my face. What a good way to end the game. I didnt suffer any serious injury, which is good, don't wanna end up with a broken nose... so un-glam!

Friday: Gals night out! Well, not exactly all gals, Mike came along as well... Selina brought us to this cafe in the suburb called SPATS. The food there wasnt too bad, but I thought their dessert was good, very pretty and colourful and of coz very yummy! One thing though, the food there was quite pricey and the portions were kinda small, so not really value for money. But then the cafe was quite nicely decorated, guess we're paying for the ambience... And as usual, we took an hour to get there, the place is actually only 5 bus stops from the city. So taking an hour to get there is really madness. We had to walk 6 blocks from the bus stop we got off to the cafe, and I feel that the food we had isnt worth the walk in the freezing cold.. but oh well, just another experience..

Saturday: Grocery shopping and Visit Lam day. Went to the city twice on the same day. Went to get some groceries at Central Market, which isnt exactly the most interesting thing to do... Anyway poor Lam sprained his ankle, so I went to his college to visit him and we had dinner at this Thai restaurant near his place. The food was good! Much better than the one we had on Friday.. hur hur.. I think I just miss eating Asian food. I used to detest eating those nonya kuehs, but just now at the Thai restaurant I ate some "sticky rice" dessert that tasted like nonya kueh and I actually finished it... amazing.. makes me crave for more Asian food.. I wanna eat roti prata, wantan mee, seafood horfan, hainanese chicken rice, nasi lemak...

*SIGH*

Hopefully tomorrow's volleyball session will be fun...

No comments: